Captains are assigned by the Organizer on a rotating basis. Captains should:
- Contact each golfer in his group and advise him of the tee time.
- Obtain the offical scorecard from the Organizer, peparing a backup scorecard , if necessary.
- Record each player’s score after each hole. Do not record more than the NCGA Maximum.
- Remind players of the need to keep up with the group ahead as needed.
- Ensure that the group shows golf courtesy & takes no risk that might endanger anyone.
- Assist the group in following the correct rules of play.
- At the completion of the round, reconcile and total both scorecards and have all players sign one card.
- Collect all previous scorecards from the previous team captain and turn in all score cards to the Captain of the next team to complete the round. Scorecards should not be left unattended.
- A member of the last group will be the Official Scorer for the round and will collect all cards.